Saturday, February 16, 2013

People In Italy


Street Photography of tourists and photographers, but overwhelmingly old italian guys in hats.



Ordering a snack unwillingly.
Stazione S.M.N., Florence




Solving Mysteries {Just, One More Thing.}
Stazione S.M.N., Florence


Being a tourist in his own country.
Lucca


Accidentally being a pouty model.
The Uffizi, Florence


Trying to be a pouty model but failing.
The Uffizi, Florence


Tolerating the guide.
In front of the duomo, Florence


Double–checking where the park she’s meeting her contact is.
Florence


Wondering why that kid is taking his picture, while his wife just assumes I’m taking a picture of her.
Florence


Smiling for the interestingly dressed kid.
Florence


Taking a picture of the Ponte Vecchio.
Ponte Vecchio, Florence


Keeping the Peace.
Florence


Strutting.
The Duomo, Florence


Hoping nobody notices him.
Florence


Being walked by the Dog.
The Duomo, Florence


Photographing his group.
The Baptistery, Florence


Going home after a hard day of editing a fashion blog or being a hobo. 
Florence


Drinking coffee and learning secrets better kept secret.
Pasticceria Scudieri, Florence


Surreptitiously calling off a meeting of the white beard club, because somebody’s wife wants to be taken out for dinner.
Florence


I kept running into this guy, and finally I walked by him to get a better picture of the Ponte Vecchio and I said “Hey, sorry I keep staring at you, I like that scarf.” And he said something like “Oh that’s alright no problem.”  After I got my picture I saw he was walking toward me, so I turned sharp and snapped a picture, and I noticed in the tenth of a second it took my camera to focus he had gone all menswear blog on me.
I still like that scarf.
Ponte Santa Trinita, Florence


Texting somebody that made her smile.
Ponte Vecchio, Florence


Planning a Hit.
Florence


Collecting photos for her fashion blog.
Florence


Walking to the laundromat and setting trends.
Florence


Staying confused. 
Florence


Rescheduling an appointment in a park with a woman in a wide hat.
The Grand Hotel Baglioni, Florence


Telling a funny story.
Pisa


Wondering what kind of vegetable could possible be that colour.
Vecchio Mercato, Florence


About to buy a “100% Italian Leather” Jacket.
Florence Italy


Waiting for our tour to start.
Loggia dei Lanzi, Florence


Leaving to buy the girl on the left a pair of team sunglasses.
Fontana di Trevi, Rome


Taking the standard tourist picture.
Fontana di Trevi, Rome


Being Cool. 
Colosseum, Rome


Presenting his point to deaf ears
Florence


Guiding a tour
Basilica San Lorenzo, Florence


Wondering why some kid is taking a picture of his girl.
Florence


Casing the joint.
Florence


1 comment:

  1. I like your blog Jake. I'm a friend of your dad's Uncle Don-- and your dad of course-- but haven't seen him in a lot of years... I think the last time was maybe in Reno... I think you were there too... just a baby. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave a Comment!
And have a nice rest–of–your–day you guys.

—Jacob

Google+